I’ve always been a big carrot cake fan so I thought what better recipe to sprinkle a little high protein magic to! These carrot cake-cupcakes are honestly delicious and while they’re pretty high in protein they’re seriously low in fats.
You can use this exact recipe to bake 1 cake or bake 16 cupcakes the choice is yours.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and comment down below what you think !
Macros per serving (1 cupcake) : 8.33g fats | 10.56g protein | 12.35g carbs
- 4 eggs
- 250g banana or teamed pumpkin (I used banana)
- 150g plain yogurt
- 120ml milk of your choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 4 tbsp sweetener of your choice (syrup or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener (stevia)
- 100g nut butter (I love to add my Oh Mega almond nut butter)
- 180g finely grated carrots
- 40g flaxseed flour
- 80g coconut flour
- 80g almond flour
- 100g of your favourite vanilla whey
- 4 tsp xylitol
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 250g cream cheese
- 75g powdered xylitol
- 4 tsp lemon juice (adjust to your taste preference)
- I like to add some walnuts into my batter too
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In two separate bowls mixed all your wet ingredients together EXCEPT the carrots (you will add them at the end) and mix all the dry ingredients together in your other bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add your carrots and optional walnuts to the mix.
- Make sure you spray your cupcake pan or your cake pan with spray and cook.
- Pour your mixture in and put it in the oven.
- Cupcakes: bake for 25-35 mins (bake until your knife comes out clean)
- Cake: bake for 30-40 mins (bake until your knife comes out clean)
(ALLOW FOR CUPCAKES/CAKE TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE FROSTING)
To make the frosting:
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy
Decorate with a little walnuts and they’re ready to go !
STAY SAFE | HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE
All my love